Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Formulates and implements the programs, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the division or unit.
2. Prepares and implements the budget of the division or unit.
3. Attends monthly librarians’ meeting.
4. Performs operational activities.
5. Gives direction and suggestions to the (respective) staff and assists in the solution of different problems and reviews the work (of the respective staff) whenever necessary.
6. Plans and implements activities directed toward the maximum utilization of the library resources of the division or unit for instructional and research purposes.
7. Provides information and reference assistance to students, faculty and other researchers.
8. Performs library promotions and marketing strategies through the use of social media.
9. Keep up with information management trends.
10. Identifies technology needs and makes recommendations.
11. Searches new information system techniques.
12. Handles the preliminary processes connected with the purchasing and the annual inventory of supplies, equipment, furniture and fixtures of the unit.
13. Supervises the physical count and annual inventory of the division’s or unit’s materials/resources.
14. Performs, at certain times, administrative functions.
15. Performs other functions expected of division or unit librarian or with the Director of Libraries may assign.
Holder of Masters’ Degree in Library and Information Science/Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science, with librarian’s licensure required. And have appropriate professional training, Two years’ experience in library work, with demonstrated organizational and supervisory ability.