1) Drives heavy equipment or truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials, such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal, or bituminous paving materials: Pulls levers or turns crank to tilt body and dump contents.
2) Moves hand and foot controls to jerk truck forward and backward to loosen and dump material adhering to body.
3) May load truck by hand or by operating mechanical loader.
4) May be designated according to type of material hauled as Coal Hauler; Dust-Truck Driver; Mud Trucker.
5) May be designated according to type of equipment driven for off-highway projects as Dump-Truck Driver or Forward.