Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to follow safety regulations
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
-Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
- Align machines,cutter heads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
- Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
- Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain.
-Repair and maintain equipment, making emergency adjustment as assisting with major repairs as necessary.
- Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability.
-Connect hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkages, or power takeoff shafts to tractors.
-Operate loaders to pull out stumps, rip asphalt or concrete, rough-grade properties, bury refuse, or perform general cleanup.
- Select and fasten bulldozer blades or other attachments to tractors, using hitches.
-Signal operators to guide movement of tractor-drawn machines.
- Push other equipment when extra traction or assistance is required
- Keep records of material or equipment usage or problems encountered.
operate equipment to demolish or remove debris or to remove snow from streets, roads, or parking lots.
- All other duties as required by business needs.