The Fuel Analyst is responsible for the analyses to fuel consumption. He/She is responsible with the fuel delivery and payment records in support of departmental accounting needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform fuel delivery
- Facilitate fuel delivery and payment records management
- Report fuel delivery and payment status
- Ensure that fuel verification is completed on timely basis
- Communicate with key personal about fuel reconciliation issues as they arise
- Assist with fuel reduction calculations and models
- Perform any other related office-based activities as assigned
- Qualifications and Skills
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Business Studies/Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of energy industry expertise.
- Previous pricing analysis work for major oil company or jobber preferred.
- Ability to analyze contractual agreements
- Knowledge of fuel pricing and contracting mechanisms
- Demonstrate exceptional understanding of market moves that impact rack and spot markets by providing same day and next day loading guidance
- Ability to recognize market, refining, and supply nuances that impact daily fueling decisions
- Have commercial and economic awareness, including an awareness of global economic factors that can influence the oil industry, is important
- Able to cope with working across a range of areas in a busy and commercial environment as well as work with minimal supervision
- Advanced level of Excel skills
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office Word.
- Attention to detail and strong process orientation.
- Strong organizational inclination
- Able to learn quickly and incorporate new information
- Independently motivated; able to set and achieve goals
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a team environment.