Responsible to all areas relating to financial recording/reporting and purchasing, this position maintains and develops good accounting and purchasing practices and procedures. The Accounting Manager supervises the Accounting and Purchasing staff and is responsible for the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of activities including general and subsidiary ledgers preparation and reconciliation, Receivables and Payables. The Accounting Manager will have contact with the company’s owners and managers and its various stakeholders, thus, requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the Accounting group to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded and reporting deadlines are met.
• Supervises the Purchasing Section of the company to ensure that all approved requisitions are promptly served.
• Ensures an accurate and timely monthly and year-end closing of accounting books.
• Supports with accounting data all forecasting activities and monitor/reconcile all budget requests.
• Collaborates with other managers to achieve common goals and objectives.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Provides training to new and existing staff.
• Handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitors and advises on the progress to enhance their professional development.
• Supports the General Manager and/or Finance Manager with special projects.
• Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• At least 3 years managerial experience in the area of Accounting, and have a good working knowledge of Purchasing.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally, and ability to establish and accomplish objectives within a corporate environment.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates professional leadership skills, exhibits drive and determination, is hardworking, with positive attitude.
• Demonstrates initiative in working independently with minimal direction and ability to prioritize competing demands.
• Excellent computer skills and experience using spreadsheet, charting, and other software tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Willing to work extra time and to be based in Cagayan de Oro City.
Interested applicants, may email their application to:
or you may drop your application at
VenRay Construction Corp.-Mindanao Operations
(along Opol National Highway near Apple Tree Resort & Hotel)