The Readers Service Clerk helps the Learning Resource Center’s responsibility of supporting the academic departments by providing sources of information, instructional materials and equipment, and services that will facilitate the teaching-learning process and effectively use the LRC as the information center of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs the physical preparation of references by labeling.
2. Maintains the online patron record, service forms, and location signage guides.
3. Keeps and regularly updates the records of the material holdings of the library furniture, equipment, collections, both print and non-print, and other information resources which he or she translates into graphical or tabular forms.
4. Prepares and submits on a daily, weekly, and annual basis of reports to the LRC Supervisor, Assistant Principal for Academics, and principal.
5. Performs other functions related to the above-mentioned duties or designated to him/her by the LRC supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science or any Computer Science-related courses
• Library experience is an advantage
• Working knowledge of ICT applications
• Highly trainable, dependable, team player and possesses excellent client relation skills