Samdhana Institute is looking for
(Cagayan de Oro based)
Overall Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for implementing the Samdhana communication strategy and plan; lead in writing stories and producing other communication materials, and knowledge products. Act as English language editor, as necessary. Ensure effective communications and outreach in Southeast Asia Region to achieve better visibility for Samdhana Institute and its Partners.
- Samdhana communications
- Actively contribute to the development of the communication strategy and plan;
- Consult with Samdhana partners and staff and directly conduct interviews with them as needed to gather stories and lessons learned;
- Identify, prepare, and write messages, stories, news and feature articles, learning materials, etc. and package this to various media forms/channels for different audiences including but not limited to the Samdhana Annual Report, newsletters etc.;
- Work with other Communication Officers/consultants responsible for the Samdhana website, social media and tri-media forms to ensure media outlets are up to date and accurate.
- Work with Project and Monitoring Evaluation Analysis and Learning (MEAL) teams in designing androviding relevant materials for learning exchange activities;
- Support fundraising and resource mobilization by developing and writing promotional materials intended for donors and funding institutions;
- Track audience feedback and impact, to calibrate the communication strategy/ action plan;
- Prepare draft or provide inputs to communication related policies as needed;
2. Project communication
- Lead in consulting and assessing the communication needs of Programme and Project Teams, with particular focus on the FGG3 project;
- Based on the project, propose a project communications plan (i.e., publications, short stories for the website and other media forms, etc.) and ensure these contribute to the institutional communications strategy and plan;
- Lead in the implementation of Project communication plans, provide necessary linkages to technical services;
- Support/coordinate participation in national and international events in particular in the preparation of communication materials;
- Provide advice to project managers on effective communications;
- Assist in final editing and styling of project reports;
- Assist in the writing and editing of project proposals;
3. Media relations
- Establish and maintain good institutional relations of Samdhana with media organizations.
- Ensure that communication and promotional materials are released to the appropriate media in a timely manner and is accessible to the target audience;
- Monitor Samdhana media presence and the implementation of branding policy of Samdhana, results and impacts of communication activities.
Terms and Conditions
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of interest highlighting the suitability for and the potential contribution to the position, a detailed CV and contact details for three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on 15 September 2021
Please indicate the position in the email subject line and type your cv title with the following format: (Name)_(Position)_(Year)