1. To manage the activities of his or her area of responsibility to ensure the achievement of established targets as per Business Plan (Man, Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery)
2. To ensure subordinates’ compliance to approved work procedures, Company Rules.
3. To train and motivate subordinates to think of ways to improve daily tasks.
4. To manage the activities of Product Development and Process Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, monitors and reports progress of the Production and related activities based on approved procedures and Business Plan.
2. Develops procedures in case of absence and revises existing procedures for continual improvement.
3. Ensures the availability of competent manpower daily to achieve production targets.
4. Identifies training needs based on Production achievement and ensures that training is properly conducted for newly hired operators, inspectors and other subordinates.
5. Evaluates performance of subordinates and conducts counselling/coaching to improve performance.
6. Ensures the subordinates’ compliance to approved work procedures and standards, safety and environmental programmes and MCC rules and regulations.
7. Monitors, controls, analyzes and prepares countermeasure related to department’s KRA/KPI performance and customer complaints.
8. Timely reports to immediate superior any problems encountered in his/her area of responsibility and recommends countermeasures as necessary.
9. Acts as leader to troubleshoot production problems and causes of defective drums to find solutions to eliminate these problems permanently.
10. Coordinates with other sections/departments to solicit support for activities related to accomplishment of objectives, verification of quality issues, expediting of requests.
11. Performs other tasks as may be required by immediate superior.
1. Stops the Production line if a problem is detected and make corrective measures.
2. Recommends hiring or firing of subordinates, promotion and demotion.
3. Manpower movement within the department.
Graduate of Mechanical or Electrical or Industrial Engineering Course.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
Key Result Area
1. Safety (Zero Accident)
2. Production Target
3. Quality Target
4. Product Development
5. Process Improvement
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
1. Management skills
2. Root Cause Analysis
3. Knowledge of production processes and manufacturing machinery
4. Communication skills which may include persuasion, giving of information and building collaborative team environment
5. Interpersonal skills
6. Knowledge in 5S (System of Good Housekeeping)
7. Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
At least 5 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing working environment involving production equipment and manufacturing machinery.
Fit and healthy, able to work extended hours at times of critical production breakdown.
Work Reporting Relationships:
Production Group, Admin Group, Warehouse, QA, Maintenance
Suppliers, Contractors, Utility companies